CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Southwest Veggie Breakfast Scramble
Yields: 4 servings
• 6 large eggs
• 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
• ½ of a small red onion, • chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 1 medium ear corn, kernels removed (or 1 can)
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
• chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs with a fork. Set aside.
2. Set a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. When hot, add in the onion and cook for about 2 minutes, until it starts to soften.
3. Add in the pepper, jalapeno, corn, cumin, paprika, salt and cayenne. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the pepper is crisp tender. Remove the veggies to a bowl.
4. Turn the heat down slightly, then pour the eggs into the empty skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Remove from the heat, then stir the veggies back into the skillet. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.