CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Veggie Egg Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
• 6 large eggs
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
• 10 ounces fresh spinach
• 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook until softened and the mushrooms have released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms from skillet to a mixing bowl, leaving any remaining oil and liquid in the skillet.
5. To the skillet with the liquid, add spinach and ¼ cup of water. Cook spinach until wilted, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the spinach to the bowl with the mushrooms. Stir in the cheese. Divide the mixture evenly among 12 muffin cups.
7. Divide the beaten egg mixture among the muffin cups, filling each nearly to the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
8. Cool slightly before removing from muffin tins (the egg cups should come out easily). Serve hot or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and eat within 4 days.