Baby Yoda approves of this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Baked Crispy Chicken Nuggets (Chicky Nuggies). Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Crispy Chicken Nuggets
Yields: 4 servings
• 1-lb boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp salt
• freshly cracked pepper
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place a wire cooling rack over a baking sheet to hold the nuggets as they bake.
2. In a wide shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Stir these ingredients together until evenly combined. Drizzle the oil over the breadcrumb mixture, then stir until the breadcrumbs are coated in oil.
3. In a separate small bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp salt, and 3 tbsp water until smooth. You want the yogurt to be a similar consistency to heavy cream. It should be thick enough to coat the chicken.
4. Trim any excess fat from the chicken breast, then cut it into small, 3/4 to one-inch pieces. You should get about 28-32 pieces.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into the yogurt slurry, then roll it in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture until the chicken piece is fully coated. Place each coated nugget onto the wire cooling rack on the baking sheet.
6. Once all of the chicken pieces are fully coated, transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the breading is browned on the edges.
7. Remove the chicken nuggets from the oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes, then serve.