This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken Salad is perfect for those of you on-the-go who may be unable to regularly heat up your mid-work meals.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
• 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
• 1 medium red pepper, finely diced (~1 cup)
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1/4 cup green onion, diced
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
• 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground ginger
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. First, bake chicken breast so that you can easily shred it, or cook in slow cooker.
2. While chicken is cooking, mix the rest of the salad ingredients (pepper, carrots, cabbage, onions, cilantro, peanuts) in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients (yogurt, peanut butter, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce) and set aside.
4. When chicken breast is done cooking, use two forks to shred. Then, let cool completely.
5. Once cooled, mix with other salad ingredients.
6. Finally, pour sauce mixture onto the chicken salad and mix until evenly combined.