Meal prep made easy each week with CrossFit Soda City's Macro Monday Recipes. Enjoy this week's recipe for Spicy Blackened Shrimp Burrito Bowls!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Spicy Blackened Shrimp Burrito Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 pound raw shrimp deveined & shelled
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt & Pepper
• 2 bell peppers, sliced
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
• 1 cup corn drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup salsa
1. Combine the shrimp, garlic, and spices.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the sliced bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
5. Divide brown rice into 4 meal prep containers (1/2 cup each).
6. Top each container with 1/4 of the shrimp, 1/4 of the bell peppers, 1/4 cup of black beans, and 1/4 cup of corn.
7. In a small bowl whisk the yogurt and salsa and divide into 4 small 2 oz sauce containers or pour into 4 small snack size ziplock bags.