A little bit of work will go a very long way with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Spaghetti Squash Bolognese. Check it out and enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Spaghetti Squash Bolognese
Yields: 8 servings
• 1 large spaghetti squash
• 2 pounds ground turkey or lean ground beef
• 1, 32 oz. can peeled/crushed tomatoes
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
• Salt/Pepper to taste
• Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Add your onion to a large stock pot with a drizzle of oil and cook about 3 minutes until onion starts to turn brown on its edges.
2. Add ground turkey or beef and break up into pieces while you cook (5 minutes or until browned).
3. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. (NOTE: You can also add the browned meat and all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low 6 hours).
4. While sauce is cooking, cook your spaghetti squash one of 2 ways: (1) Microwave squash: Pierce the whole squash with a fork and put in the microwave about 7-8 minutes (depending on the size of your squash). Remove once it feels slightly soft to touch. (2) Bake your squash: Pierce the outside with a fork and place in the oven for about 1 hour (or until it starts to feel soft).
5. Once squash is cooked, remove from oven/microwave, let cool so you can handle it, and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Using a fork, shred out the spaghetti-like strands of squash and place in a large bowl.
6. Divide into meal prep containers and top with your prepared meat sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan if desired. Enjoy!