Get prepped for your 4th of July with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Easy Spinach Turkey Breakfast Bake.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Easy Spinach Turkey Breakfast Bake
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
• 1 lb Ground Turkey
• 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 12 large Eggs
• 1 small Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced thin
• 1 cup Baby Spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
3. Peel and slice the sweet potato, making sure to cut them 1/4-inch or less in thickness.
4. Line the bottom of the greased baking dish with the sliced potatoes in a single layer, some overlap is okay.
5. Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat add the ground turkey and season with chili powder and garlic powder (add salt and pepper too for more seasoning if desired).
6. Using a spatula break the meat apart and cook until browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and place on top of the sweet potato layer.
7. In a medium bowl beat the eggs with a whisk and pour over the ground turkey layer. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
8. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Carefully slide the dish out, without removing it from the oven, and top with the spinach.
9. Return to oven and continue cooking for 5 to 15 minutes until the center of the casserole is firm, about 40 to 45 minutes total.
10. Portion out and enjoy a week of breakfast ready to go!