CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Southwestern Chicken and Black Bean Skillet
Yields: 6 servings
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 medium red onion, diced
• 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced into small pieces
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 8-ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
• 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 4 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, for garnishing
1. To a large skillet, add the oil, red onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onion is beginning to soften and become translucent.
2. Add the chicken, red pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; stir and flip intermittently so the chicken cooks evenly.
3. Add the black beans, corn, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, coriander, and stir to combine. Allow mixture to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until warmed through.
4. Add the lime juice and stir to combine.
5. Evenly sprinkle the cilantro and serve. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.