CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Southwest Turkey Burger Patties
Yields: 9 servings
• 2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
• 15 oz can black beans
• 1/2 bell pepper (red or orange)
• 1/2 red onion
• 2 packets taco seasoning
• 2 jalapenos
• Handful cilantro
• Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, onions, burger buns, ketchup, mustard, etc.
1. Rinse black beans with cold water and finely chop the jalapenos, onion and bell peppers.
2. In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, chopped veggies, black beans and taco seasoning. With a spatula or your clean hands, mix until everything is well combined.
3. Form into 9 burger patties and set aside. You can make more or less burgers depending on your size preference. Once formed, press down on the top with the palm of your hand or the spatula to make sure the burgers are relatively flat.
4. Spray oil or add some olive oil to a skillet on medium heat. Once warmed, cook the burgers for about 3 minutes per side, or until fully cooked.
5. Add to your favorite burger buns or lettuce wraps and top with sliced tomato, onion, lettuce, ketchup and/or mustard.