Start your IIFYM week off right with this incredible High Protein Lasagna!
IFYM, Macro Monday, 9/4/17, High Protein Lasagna(from CrossFit Soda City Coach Karen)
Serving Size: 1/12 of dish
• 9 sheets of whole grain lasagna pasta
• 2.5 lbs grass fed ground beef 90/10
• 2 jars/6 C organic spaghetti sauce (may not need the full amount)
• 1 tub of cottage cheese (702g)
• 4C shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook pasta sheets in a large pan.
3. Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any extra fat.
4. Add sauce. Use a little less that 2 full jars.
5. Drain noodles. Line large baking dish with 3 sheets of noodles.
6. Add a layer of meat sauce. Drain liquid from cottage cheese and add some.
7. Add another layer of 3 sheets of noodles. Repeat step 6.
8. Add another layer of noodles.
9. Top with a little sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
10. Bake for 20 min.
11. Set to cool before cutting.
*Can add vegetables if desired.
* Add another layer of noodles for higher carb content.
* Can use less mozarella cheese for less fat.