Level up your meal prep game with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
• 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
• 1/2 large Onion (diced)
• 1 large Red bell pepper (diced)
• 1 14.5 oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
• 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Fresh thyme (chopped)
• 4 medium Chicken breasts
• 1 tsp Sea salt
• 1/4 tsp Black pepper
1. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a tablespoon (15 mL) of oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for a few minutes on each side, until golden. (It does not have to be cooked through inside.) Place the chicken into the slow cooker
3. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the onions and red peppers. Saute for 7 to 10 minutes, until onions are translucent and browned.
4. Add the garlic and saute for another minute, until fragrant.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, rosemary, and thyme to the pan. Stir together, then pour evenly over the chicken in the slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
7. If you prefer a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and cook the sauce for an additional hour in the slow cooker on low.