CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Blueberry Walnut Breakfast Bars
Yields: 10 servings
For the Base:
• 1 cup walnuts
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
• 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Crumble:
• 1/4 cup rolled oats
• 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped finely
• 1/4 cup pepita seeds
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9x9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Add all the ingredients for the base to food processor or blender and process on high until fully broken down and the mixture is doughy.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
4. Place in the oven for 8 minutes to bake.
5. While the crust is baking, add all the ingredients for the crumble to a bowl and combine.
6. Remove the baking dish from the oven, top with the crumble mixture into an even layer, pressing the mixture gently into the crust.
7. Bake another 12 minutes in the oven.
8. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan 30 minutes prior to lifting the bars out of the pan with the parchment paper and slicing into 10 bars.
9. Store bars in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to one week.