A little bit of work can go a LONG way in the kitchen. Check out this week's amazing CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Basil Pesto Chicken Bowls and thank us later. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Basil Pesto Chicken Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 2.5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 Cup basil, firmly packed
• 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
• 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes
• Sea salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake until no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes. Once cooked, increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
3. While the chicken cooks, combine the Greek yogurt, basil and garlic in a small food processor or blender and process until broken down and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
4. With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a medium bowl.
5. Dice the cooked chicken and stir it into the pesto.
6. Place a strainer over a large bowl and add the zoodles into it. Sprinkle with salt and stir to coat. Let them sit and release their moisture, stirring every so often.
7. In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes and olive oil together. Sprinkle with the sea salt and then spread onto a baking sheet. Bake until the tomatoes just begin to soften and burst, about 10-12 minutes. Divide between the meal prep bowls.
8. Squeeze out as much moisture from the zoodles as you can and then divide between the meal prep bowls. Add some more sliced basil if you'd like.