CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sesame Turkey Meatballs
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 lb lean ground turkey
• 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup chopped green onions
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 tbsp cornstarch
• 1/3 cup water
• 2 tbsp sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt until well combined. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls (you'll make roughly 54 balls) and place spaced apart on large prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake meatballs for 18-20 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
4. While the meatballs are baking, dissolve cornstarch in water in small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken)
5. Toss sauce with the meatballs.
6. Divide into 6 servings of 9 meatballs each.
7. Serve over rice and steamed veggies of your choice! Optional toppings: sesame seeds, steamed edamame