CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Yields: 8 servings
• 10 turkey or chicken breakfast sausage links
• 1 tbsp butter
• 16 eggs
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 2 cups frozen hashbrowns
• 1/2 each red and green pepper, diced
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cook breakfast sausage in a skillet over med-high heat for 4-5 minutes until mostly cooked through. Slice into small pieces and set aside with other toppings.
3. Grease a 9x13'' casserole dish with 1 tbsp butter.
4. Mix eggs together in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Layer sausage, hashbrowns, cheese and vegetables into casserole dish then pour eggs in on top.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until egg is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into individual portion sizes.
6. Storing: Serve immediately or store in microwave-safe containers up to 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze in individual portion sizes in glass containers up to 3 months. Reheat frozen portions in microwave for 1-3 minutes until warm.