Check out this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Sausage & Egg Sweet Potato Hash! Breakfast for lunch AND dinner? Brinner is the best! IIFYM
CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday
Sausage & Egg Sweet Potato Hash
Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
• 3 Tbsp coconut oil
• 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into small chunks
• 1 med onion - chopped
• 3 medium tri-color peppers - chopped
• 1/2 lb ground sausage
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• 4 larege eggs
• Salt & pepper
• Pinch of red pepper
• Sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp of the coconut oil to melt. Once sizzling, crumble the sausage into the pan, and stir while cooking to evenly brown. Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
3. When sausage is about 3/4 of the way done, add the onions and peppers and continue to cook and stir until the sausage is browned and the onions and peppers are soft. Remove from heat and set aside until the potatoes are done.
4. In a separate skillet over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil to melt. Add the chopped sweet potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cook and stir, uncovered, until the outside begins to brown, then cover and continue to cook to soften the inside of the potatoes (7-8 minutes).
6. Once the potatoes are softened and browned, transfer them to the sausage mixture and stir to combine. Create 4 hollow areas to crack each egg.
7. Crack the eggs into the spaces
8. Put the entire skillet in the 400 degree oven to bake the eggs to preference, about 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook the eggs by covering the skillet and cooking over medium-low heat until the eggs are done.
9. Sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!