No need to wait for "Taco Tuesday" with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Salsa Chicken Taco Bowls. Let your slow cooker do the work and then enjoy this delicious recipe all week!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Salsa Chicken Taco Bowls
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, raw
• 1 medium yellow onion chopped
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 jar fresh salsa
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 tbs cumin
• 1 tbs chili powder
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
• 1 bag steam-in-bag corn
• 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 container cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a medium skillet heat oil and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft or about 5 minutes and then add to slow cooker.
2. Add chicken, salsa, chicken broth and spices to slow cooker and mix until well-combined
3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours on low or high for 4 hours.. Remove chicken from sauce, shred, and return to slow cooker for 20-30 minutes.
4. Assemble into meal prep containers and enjoy!