This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Roasted Garlic Vegetables and Sausage comes direct from Coach Karen! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Roasted Garlic Vegetables and Sausage
Yields: 8 servings
• 16 oz bag of baby carrots
• 2 tsp each of dried basil, thyme, oregano and paprika
• 1 tsp of onion powder
• Salt and cracked pepper
• 6 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cups of cut asparagus
• ⅔ yellow onion
• 2 packs of sausage links
• 2 tbsp minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large baking sheet with aluminum foil/parchment paper or 2 regular/smaller size sheets.
2. Mix dried seasonings and salt/pepper together in a bowl.
3. Toss carrots in 2 tbsp of the oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake 20 min.
4. Prepare the asparagus by cutting into 2 in. pieces.
5. Slice the sausage into thick coins.
6. Cut the onion into medium size pieces. Add any other vegetables. (we like green beans!)
7. Toss vegetables in the remaining oil.
8. After the carrots have been cooking for 20 min, add the vegetables and sausage to the large baking sheet, or divide between two smaller sheets. Add the remaining seasoning. Bake 15 min
**For more carbs, add cubed red potatoes with the carrots, and bake the same way
**For more protein, without added fat, add cubed chicken breast