CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Roasted Chicken & Sweet Potatoes with Veggie Salsa
Yields: 6 servings
• 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
• 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning mix
• 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
• Salt and pepper
• Tomato, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, celery, finely diced to make the salsa
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken pieces with the cajun seasoning and a dash of olive oil. Stir to combine; store in the fridge for about 15 to 30 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Arrange diced sweet potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on the same sheet pan, beside sweet potato.
4. Bake in the oven for ~20 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
5. Remove chicken from the sheet pan and set aside. Stir sweet potatoes and roast them another 5 minutes or so, until cooked through.
6, Combine all chopped veggies with stir in Italian seasoning. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
7. Divide into meal prep containers and top with the veggies salsa.