We know the pickings in the stores can be slim at this time, so check out this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Quick and Easy Beef & Broccoli. Staple ingredients that should be easier to find and not a lot of legwork for a few days of delicious meals! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Quick and Easy Beef & Broccoli
Yields: 4 servings
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
• 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 12 ounces broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
1. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and Sriracha, if using.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; rinse and drain excess fat.
4. Stir in broccoli, green onions, rice and soy sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through and the broccoli is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Place mixture into meal prep containers, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.