CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Yields: 8 muffins
· 2/3 cup flour
· 2/3 cup protein powder (2 scoops)
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 2 tsp pumpkin spice
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon
· 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
· 1 egg
· 3/4 cup pumpkin
· 1/3 cup brown sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla
· Chopped nuts or dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or use non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium sized bowl whisk together pumpkin, yogurt, egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Fill the prepared muffin tin, nearly filling each muffin to ¾ full.
6. If desired, top with chopped nuts or dark chocolate chips.
7. Bake muffins at 400 for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.