Imagine waking up and having your breakfast already made, measured out and waiting for you! Set yourself up for success with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Protein-Packed Breakfast with Chicken.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Protein-Packed Breakfast Bake With Chicken
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup onion, diced
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 2 strips bacon, diced
• 1 pound chicken, diced
• 1 large sweet potato, spiralized (2–3 cups)
• 2 cups spinach
• 1/2 cup water or broth
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
• 1 tsp salt-free all-purpose seasoning
• 6 eggs
1. In a large pan, saute garlic, onion, peppers, bacon, chicken and sweet potato until chicken is cooked through. Add spinach, water and seasonings and cook another 3-5 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to a greased 9×9 pan.
3. Whisk eggs together in a bowl and pour over mixture in pan.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F. Check after 20 minutes and cover with foil if necessary. Cook an additional 10 minutes or until eggs are set.