Turn your meal prep into a fiesta with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Mexican Shredded Beef Bowls. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Mexican Shredded Beef Bowls
Serving Size: ~1/6 of recipe
• 2.5 pound beef rump roast
• 1.3 ounces taco seasoning packet
• 3 ounces tomato paste
• 1 cup beef broth
• 1 cup white rice
• 2 cups water
• 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1 ripe plantain
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• kosher salt to taste
• 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
• 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1. Place the beef in the slow cooker.
2. Whisk taco seasoning, tomato paste, and broth together in a small bowl and pour over the beef. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (works well overnight).
3. Remove beef from the slow cooker, shred using two forks, place the beef back into the bowl of the slow cooker and toss with the sauce.
4. Place the rice and water together in a medium sauce pot over high heat. Once boiling, stir and reduce heat to low.
5. Cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed by the rice.
6. Transfer the rice to a large bowl, add the black beans and cilantro and stir to combine.
7. Slice the plantain on the diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices.
8. Place coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add plantain slices and fry until golden brown on each side. Season liberally with kosher salt.
9. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
10. To assemble the bowls:
Place an equal amount of rice, beef, plantains and peppers in meal prep bowls. Garnish with a slice of lime and sprig of cilantro.