Catch a delicious new CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe each week! Over 100 unique and tested recipes are on our blog! This week we have One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies packing a macro nutrient PUNCH! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
• 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
• 1.25 pounds chicken tenders (or breasts)
• 2 heads broccoli
• 1 cup baby carrots
• 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large pan with nonstick spray (line with parchment paper if you tray isn't already nonstick) and set aside.
2. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
3. Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
4. Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
5. Place broccoli + carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes, Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
6. Roast the veggies for ~10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray and place the chicken tenders (discard marinade) in the center.
8. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture over the chicken.
9. Return to the oven and cook for another 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken (cook until done)
10. Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining Balsamic + Italian mixture. Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
11. Great served over rice or quinoa!