Get ready for a mouthwatering delight with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Mississippi Pot Roast. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Mississippi Pot Roast
Yields: 8-10 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3-4 pounds chuck roast
• 1 packet ranch dressing mix
• 1 packet au jus gravy mix
• 1/4 cup butter, sliced
• 4 pepperoncini peppers
• 1 tablespoon pepperoncini pepper juice from the jar
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the roast with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the meat in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
3. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix over the top.
4. Place the butter slices and pepperoncini peppers on the roast.
5. Pour the pepperoncini juice into the pot.
6. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
7. Shred the meat with two forks.
8. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.