CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Jerk Chicken and Rice Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
· 1 cup long-grain rice, rinsed well and drained
· 1 ½ cups water
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
· Salt, to taste
· 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
· ⅓ cup cilantro, finely chopped
· 4 large boneless skinless chicken thighs
· 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning rub
· Optional for serving: grape tomatoes, guacamole
1. In a saucepan, combine the drained rice, water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt.
2. Bring the rice to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Switch off the heat.
3. Uncover, fluff the rice, let cool for about 5 minutes before stirring in the lime juice and cilantro.
4. While the rice is cooking, pat chicken thighs dry, then sprinkle on the jerk seasoning rub and mix until the chicken thighs are well coated.
5. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a skillet and cook chicken for 5–7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
6. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cover with foil. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
7. For meal prep, divide the cooled rice, sliced chicken, tomatoes and guacamole between meal prep containers and refrigerate until ready to eat.