With over 125 recipes and growing, the CFSC blog has options for every palette! This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats once again sets the bar for Meal Prep enjoyment and simplicity! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe (2 halves)
• 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of flesh scooped out.
• 1 lb lean ground meat of choice (Turkey, OR Lean Grass Fed Beef/Bison are all great!)
• 1 green bell pepper, diced very small
• 4-6 mushrooms diced small
• 1-24 oz jar of all-natural Marinara sauce
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
• 1/2 Tbsp dried or freeze dried Italian herb blend
Optional Garnish to be added after cooking:
• Fresh parsley as garnish
• Fresh parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Add meat to large pan, brown and drain excess fat.
3. Add peppers, mushrooms, marinara sauce, garlic and seasoning blend to pan.
4. Heat ingredients through, while combining/stirring gently.
5. Carefully scoop hot mixture generously into zucchini halves.
6. Place filled zucchini boats on a flat sheet pan. (parchment lined to prevent sticking)
7. Bake in your preheated 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. If topping with cheese; do so during the last 3-4 minutes of cook time.