It's the final CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe of the decade, so you know it's going to have a New Year's theme! Enjoy this delicious meal of Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Black Eyed Peas and Greens. You're welcome!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Black Eyed Peas and Greens
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 pork tenderloin (1.5 lbs)
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• 8 ounces bacon
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 bundles of greens, about 5 cups, stem removed and chopped
• ½-1 cup vegetable broth
• 2- 15-ounce cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
juice of 1/2 lemon
• ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
• salt & pepper , to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Season the pork tenderloin all over with the salt, pepper, and thyme leaves, distributing them as evenly as possible.
3. Wrap the bacon around the entire pork tenderloin in a single layer
4. Heat a large skillet over medium high, and sear the pork for 2 minutes on all "four sides" for 8 minutes total, until the exterior is well browned.
5. Transfer the entire skillet to the oven and cook for another 12-15* minutes, until the pork is fully cooked.
6. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
BLACK EYED PEAS AND GREENS:
1. In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, until fragrant.
2. To the skillet, add the greens and 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Cover with a lid and cook until greens start to wilt. The time will vary depending on the variety of greens you choose. Keep an eye on them as they cook, stirring intermittently and adding more broth, if needed.
3. Once the greens are cooked, add the cooked black eyed peas. Stir and cook until heated through. Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Serve warm with salt & pepper (to taste) and enjoy!