Each week, CrossFit Soda City releases a brand new "Macro Monday Recipe" spanning everything from breakfast to dinner, dips to desserts, and everything in between! Grow your macro friendly cook book with these tried and tested recipes! This week is no different with an IIFYM Shepherd's Pie!
CrossFit Soda City
IIFYM Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
• 1 large cauliflower (2 lb. / 900g)
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
• 1 lb. ground lamb
• 1 cup (150g) mixed frozen vegetables
• 3 tbsp. tomato puree
• 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 ½ cup (350ml) beef stock
• 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
• ½ tbs. thyme
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Prepare the cauliflower puree by steaming or boiling the cauliflower along with the garlic. Once soft puree both garlic and cauliflower with a hand blender and mix in the butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. In the meantime, heat a large, dry non-stick pan and sautee the lamb for about 5 min. until browned, then get rid of excess fat. Add in the frozen vegetables, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce and cook for another 5 min.
4. Pour in the beef stock and add in the seasoning, bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 min.
5. Spread the meat mixture evenly into a baking dish, top with cauliflower puree and bake ~25 minutes (until top begins to brown)
6. Serve & enjoy!