Fall means chillier weather and time for some chili recipes! This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Easy Sweet Potato Turkey Chili moves to the top of our meal prep lists! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Easy Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 bell peppers, chopped
• 1 jalapeño, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 1/2 T chili powder
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 large sweet potato, cubed
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over med-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned (About 3-4 mins).
2. Add in onions and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add in peppers, jalapeno and garlic and cook for another 2 mins.
4. Add spices, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans and sweet potato and bring mix to a boil.
5. Once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes, uncovered or until desired consistency is reached.