CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Customizable Baked Oatmeal
Yields: 4 servings
• 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/4 cup chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 4 egg whites
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Optional mix-ins to add: 1 sliced banana, 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins, 1 cup fresh or frozen berries, 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips; drizzle of maple syrup on top
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
3. Add milk, yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla and mix until combined. Gently fold in banana slices and other desired mix-ins (see suggestions under the “optional” ingredients listed above).
4. Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish. Using a spatula, smooth the top. Add a few additional banana slices (or your desired topping).
5. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, until the top and edges are golden brown. Let cool before enjoying.