Head into this Holiday Season with a new favorite CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala Bowls. Mouthwatering! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken Tikka Masala Bowls
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 cup basmati rice
• 2 tablespoons unsalted grass fed butter
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons garam masala
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons turmeric
• 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 4-5 minutes; set aside.
4. Stir in tomato paste, ginger, garlic, garam masala, chili powder and turmeric until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in diced tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Stir in heavy cream, lemon juice and chicken until heated through, about 1 minute.
7. Place rice and chicken mixture into containers, garnished with cilantro, if desired.