Wait a minute!?? A HEALTHY quesadilla? And for breakfast?? This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Chicken & Spinach Breakfast Quesadillas moves to the top of the list of new favorites! Check it out and enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken & Spinach Breakfast Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
• 10 large eggs
• 1 tbsp milk
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 TBPS extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
• 5 cups lightly packed spinach, chopped (roughly 4 oz)
• 1 (15 oz) can reduced sodium white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/5 cups grated cheese of your choice
• 8 medium whole wheat tortillas
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
2. Add the olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Add the shredded chicken and beans and reduce heat to medium low then pour in the egg mixture.
3. With a rubber spatula, cook the eggs low and slow and move them around often until they are scrambled. Remove from heat.
4. Sprinkle a tortilla with 1/8th of the shredded cheese. Spoon 1/8th of the egg mixture on top, then fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas
5. Clean the skillet, raise the heat to medium and lightly coat the skillet with nonstick spray. Cook the quesadilla until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.
6. To freeze: Let the eggs cool completely. Once cooled, form the quesadillas as directed then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Place the quesadillas in freezer keeping them in a freezer bag or airtight container. To cook from frozen: warm the quesadilla in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.