CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Chicken Fried Rice Bowls
Yields: 4 servings
• 1.5 cups basmati rice, cooked
• 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 6 oz mixed frozen stir fry veggies
• 1 lb chicken breast, chopped
• 1/3 cup soy sauce, divided
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs and a pinch of salt. Scramble the eggs over medium heat until they're completely cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a plate.
2. In the same pan, add the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Cook chicken on one side for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
3. Add all of the chicken to the pan with 1/3 cup of soy sauce over medium heat. Toss then set aside.
4. Add vegetables to the pan with a pinch of salt and garlic over medium heat. Cook until they've thawed out and warmed up, about 7-8 minutes.
5. Turn the heat down and add the cooked rice, egg and chicken back to the pan and stir to combine.
6. Divide the fried rice between 4 meal prep containers. Enjoy!