CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Baked Chicken Parmigiana
Yields: 4 servings
• 2 chicken breasts (approx. 1lb.)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 1 cup marinara sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella (or 4 slices fresh mozzarella)
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease a sheet pan with 2 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
2. Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 fillets total. Pound to even thickness if desired.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
4. Dip each chicken fillet into the egg mixture then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides well. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes then flip onto the other side and top each chicken with 3-4 tablespoons of marinara sauce and a generous handful of mozzarella cheese (or 1 fresh slice).
6. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through. Brown under broiler for 2-3 minutes if desired.