We're going to SPICE up your Holidays with this IIFYM Macro Monday recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa!
IIFYM, Macro Monday, 12/25/17, Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup jarred salsa
• Juice of 1 lime
• ¼ C cilantro
• 2 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tbsp honey
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• Cooked rice or tortillas optional
1. Mist a slow cooker with cooking spray
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for optional rice or tortillas.
3. Cover and cook on low until chicken is falling apart, 3-5 hours. 4. Turn slow cooker to warm and, using two forks, shred chicken.