What better way to start your week than with another IIFYM CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday delight? This recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Chili from Member Kristin D. will keep even the heartiest eater satisfied!
Macro Monday, 3/26/2018, Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Chili, IIFYM
(Recipe courtesy of CrossFit Soda City Member Kristin D.)
Serving size: 1 serving
• 1 can crushed tomatoes
• 1 15 oz can Great Northern Beans (drained)
• 1 can dark red kidney beans (drained)
• 1 12 oz jar marinated roasted red peppers
• 1/2 large red onion (chopped)
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1 red pepper (chopped into bite sized pieces)
• 1 serrano pepper (finely diced)
• 16 oz ground turkey
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• 3-4 tbsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp garlic powder
1. Brown the meat.
2. Prep roasted peppers while meat is browning. Place entire jar (including liquid) into a food processor and process on high for about a minute or until pureed. set aside.
3. In a large pot, add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and let boil for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
4. Turn down to low, add in meat, cover and let it simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve with Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), add a little cheese for some additional fat or protein, garnish with some green onion and have a few tortilla chips!
6. Can add more meat for higher protein grams.