You know it's going to be a good day when muffins are involved! Enjoy this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Zucchini Bread Protein Muffins.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Zucchini Bread Protein Muffins
Yields: 8 servings (8 muffins)
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
• 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
• 2 large egg whites, room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• 1 cup freshly grated zucchini, patted dry
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, and lightly coat 8 standard-sized muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla.
3. Stir in the Greek yogurt until no large lumps remain. Stir in the maple syrup/honey.
4. Alternate between adding the coconut flour mixture and milk, stirring just until incorporated.
5. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Gently fold in the zucchini.
6. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 425°F for 11 minutes. Without opening the oven door, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, and continue baking for an additional 14-17 minutes, or until the tops feel firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.