CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Turkey Breakfast Scramble
Yields: 6 servings
• 1 lb. lean ground turkey
• 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
• 1 medium sweet onion, diced
• 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
• 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning
• 8 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
• 8 eggs
• 1/4 cup shredded cheese
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 avocado, sliced
• sea salt and fresh ground pepper
1. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onions, garlic and peppers and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add meat and seasonings, then cook while breaking up the meat until browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add black beans to the meat mixture, combine well and cook 1 more minute. Remove from pan, and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, then whisk well to combine.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, over medium heat.
7. Add eggs and cook until scrambled and fully cooked.
8. Divide the meat mixture among glass containers, then add the scrambled eggs, cherry tomatoes and avocado.
9. Refrigerate up to 4 days. Enjoy!