The final CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe of 2018 might be our best one yet! Get your New Year started right with this delicious recipe for Turkey Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Turkey Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 wrapped chicken breast
• 4 medium boneless, skinless, chicken breasts - or about 3 pounds total
• 12 slices turkey bacon
• 4 slices gruyere cheese
• 4 Tablespoons olive oil - divided
• 4 cloves garlic
• 6 cups spinach
• salt and pepper - to taste
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes - halved
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat one tablespoon olive oil to medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds or so. Add spinach and stir for about a minute. Remove from heat.
3. Take the chicken breasts and remove visible fat and pat dry. Butterfly them open so that there is more surface area.
4. Pound the breasts on both sides to make them thinner. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place one slice of gruyere cheese down the middle of each breast. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach and garlic mixture over the cheese. Carefully wrap each breast so that the mixture stays in the middle.
6. Lay three pieces of bacon on a cutting board. Place one breast on the middle of the bacon and wrap the bacon around the rolled breast. Repeat for each of the four breasts.
7. Using the same sauce pan over medium high heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil. Place two of the wrapped chicken breasts in pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, searing the bacon. Repeat with the remaining two breasts.
8. Place the bacon wrapped chicken breasts in a sprayed casserole dish.
9. Slice the cherry tomatoes and place on top and around the wrapped chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.