Get your week started off right with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Tomato Garlic Chicken Curry. Over 150+ unique recipes on our site! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Tomato Garlic Chicken Curry
Yields: 6 servings
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
• 1 Onion, diced
• 1 Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
• 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 tsp Ground cumin
• 1 tsp Turmeric
• 1 tsp Red chili flakes
• 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp Ground coriander
• 4 tbsp Tomato puree
• 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1 Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. Add the olive oil to a large pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the chicken and cook until browned.
3. Once the chicken is browned, add the red chili flakes, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and coriander to the pan and mix well and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and gently simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked through.
5. Stir in the Greek yogurt and coriander before serving.
6. Serve over rice and sprinkle with chopped cilantro
7. If you like spice, add an extra sprinkle of chili flakes before serving.