Get back on your meal prep game after Thanksgiving with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Sweet & Sticky Glazed Chicken Tenders! Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sweet & Sticky Glazed Chicken Tenders
Yields: 8 servings
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken tenderloins
• 1 cup panko bread crumbs
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 cup ketchup
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or any hot sauce (optional)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Prepare 1-2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
2. If using chicken breasts, cut into thin strips. Make sure the strips are consistently sized so that you get even baking.
3. In a bowl, add panko or bread crumbs. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
4. Dredge each strip of chicken in egg, then Panko bread crumbs. Lay coated chicken strips on sheet pan. Repeat for all chicken strips.
5. Bake chicken strips in oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crisp. Remember to turn the chicken strips about 1/2 way through cooking.
6. While the chicken is baking, make the sauce. In bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients: ketchup, honey, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, fresh lime juice and rice vinegar.
7. When chicken is finished baking, set aside.
8. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the chicken strips and half of the sauce. Toss to coat and cook for about 30 seconds on each side. Repeat with remainder of sauce and chicken strips.