Try this IIFYM friendly spin on a family classic! This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe is for Sweet Potato Banana Protein Bread! Let the mouth watering begin!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sweet Potato Banana Protein Bread
Serving Size: 1/8 of loaf (recipes makes 16 servings)
• 4 tablespoons flaxmeal
• 3/4 cup water
• 3 ripe bananas
• 15 ounces sweet potato puree
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/2 cup applesauce
• 2 cups white whole wheat flour
• 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
• 1/4 cup organic honey
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 9-inch loaf pans.
2. In a small bowl mix the flaxmeal and water together, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the sweet potato, coconut oil, honey, and applesauce, and mix until combined.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
5. Stir the flaxmeal and water mixture into the bowl of wet ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet, and mix well.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Sprinkle each loaf with 1 tablespoon of the chopped nuts.
7. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
8. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!