Make them for breakfast, enjoy them for "brinner"... this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Strawberry Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes are a perfect choice ANY time of day!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Protein Pancakes
Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe (~ 3 pancakes, depending on size)
• 10 medium strawberries, stems removed and quartered
• 2 TBSP water
• 1 1/4 c gluten-free oat flour
• 2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
• 2/3 c unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 c unsweetened, plain 2% greek yogurt
• 3 egg whites
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries and water on medium to medium-low heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning of strawberries.
2. Cook strawberries for 4-5 minutes until strawberries are very soft and begin to break down, resembling strawberry jam.
3. Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
4. Remove strawberries from heat and using a fork or a potato masher, gently mash the strawberries.
5. Combine strawberries with pancake mix (step 3).
6. Using about 1/4 cup of the batter, pour into pan. Repeat without crowding your pan.
7. Cook over medium-low heat for a few minutes until first side is cooked.
8. Flip and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
9. Continue with remaining batter.
10. Serve with low-sugar maple syrup (optional) and top with more strawberries. Enjoy!