Get ready for your Taco Tuesday with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday for Taco Stuffed Potatoes. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Taco Stuffed Potatoes
Yields: 4 servings
• 2 large russet potatoes
• 1 pound lean grass-fed ground beef
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes, drained
• Olive oil for basting the potatoes
• Your choice of toppings: guacamole, chopped scallions, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc!
1. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork and microwave until tender, about 8 minutes. Cool until you can handle them.
2. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the insides, getting as close to the skin as you can without breaking it.
3. Brush the insides of the potato skins with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil until they start to get brown and crispy, watching carefully so they don’t burn. Set aside.
4. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet and cook over medium high heat until brown. Stir in spices, and then stir in tomatoes. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Divide the taco meat among the 4 potato halves. Top with your choice of toppings.