A little bit of work will go a long way with meal prepping. Enjoy this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Spiralized Sweet Potato Casserole.
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Spiralized Sweet Potato Casserole
Yields: 5 servings
• 2 large peeled sweet potatoes (4.5 cups spiralized)
• 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 egg and 2 egg whites whisked
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp garlic (minced)
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 2 oz diced olives or peppers
• 1/4 cup tomato sauce
• 1 cup cooked sliced chicken sausage
• 1 cup spinach or kale
• 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Peel your sweet potatoes then spiralize them. Comes out to about 4.5 cups.
3. Place sweet potato noodles in a bowl and steam in the microwave for about 1 minutes or on stove top for 5 minutes, until potato noodles are cooked but firm
4. Add 1 tbsp oil and your garlic and salt. Toss so that the noodles are lightly coated.
5. In another bowl, mix your greek yogurt, whisked eggs, and milk. Lightly coat a casserole dish with oil or cooking spray.
6. Layer your ingredients starting with noodles, then chicken sausage, olives/peppers, then spinach or kale greens.
7. Next add your yogurt/egg mixture. then add tomato sauce and feta.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.