Get warmed up from the inside out with this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Spicy Beef and Butternut Squash! Keep up with our blog for a NEW recipe each Monday!
CrossFit Soda City
Spicy Beef and Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 Serrano pepper, minced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 pound peeled cubes of butternut squash
• Small handful of fresh sage, minced
1. Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and Serrano pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown.
3. Add garlic, spices and ground beef and mix well.
4. Once the beef begins to brown, add the butternut squash and mix well.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid for 10 minutes, or until the butternut squash is cooked through.
6. Remove the lid, add fresh sage and mix well.
7. Serve and enjoy!