Take advantage of your Labor Day and win the week ahead by preparing this week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pulled Pork
Yields: 10 servings
• 3 lb boneless pork roast
• 2 tsp seasoned salt
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 cup ketchup
• 1/2 cup natural honey
• 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 3/4 tsp salt
• a pinch of black pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 tsp minced garlic
1. Add the roast to a slow cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups water, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cook on low for 8 hours.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients (vinegar through garlic) to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Boil over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
4. Drain juices from pork. Shred your pork with two forks and stir in prepared sauce.
5. Can be served over rice, in tortillas, stuffed in a sweet potato, or enjoyed on its own!