CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Shredded Mexican Chicken
Yields: 6 servings
• 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 15.5 ounces canned corn kernels, drained
• 15.5 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup salsa
• ½ lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the crockpot. Season the top of the chicken breasts with half of the taco seasoning.
2. Dump the corn, beans, salsa, and remaining taco seasoning on top of the chicken.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
4. Remove the chicken to shred with a fork and return to the crockpot. Stir in the lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve over a bed of rice or use in tacos. Enjoy!