This week's CrossFit Soda City Macro Monday Recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Autumn Veggies will have you more than prepared for your week ahead. Enjoy!
CrossFit Soda City
Macro Monday Recipe
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Autumn Veggies
Yields: 4 servings
• 12 ounces Brussels sprouts (about 24 sprouts), ends removed and halved
• 1 pound butternut squash, chopped
• 2 large bell peppers, chopped
• 1 large onion, sliced into chunks
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried sage
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 pinch of black pepper
• 1 lb Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
to serve: cooked rice or quinoa (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients except the sausage. Mix together until everything is evenly coated with olive oil and the herbs and spices.
3. Transfer everything to a large baking sheet and lay sausages on top of the veggies.
4. Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes, mix, and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Turn the oven broiler on low and cook for 5 more minutes, checking every minute to make sure nothing burns.
6. Remove from the oven and serve with rice or quinoa, if desired.